The clients needed to remodel a kitchen that was extremely dated and non-functional. They liked to entertain, and the kitchen was closed off from the living room. There was also an unused office adjacent to the living room that we could use to combine with the kitchen and living room to create one large space. The existing stairs divided the space and needed a rework.
We came up with a solution to make the best use of the space, and it included an addition to the office to create one large, square, uninterrupted space. All existing loadbearing walls were removed, and beams installed in the attic so the existing walls would no longer be visible. This required reworking the roofline to allow for beam clearance. A large island allowed integration of the kitchen to the rest of the space and brought the center of attention to the center of the space. The stair wall was removed and replaced with a railing, making the staircase feel as if it was part of the space and not a separate room.
The Blackline Difference
- Blackline Renovations is a team of professionals dedicated to providing the finest remodeling experience to our select clientele.
- Your project will be assigned a full-time project manager and project administrator to keep everything running smoothly.
- We ensure the design, schedule, and cost are clearly defined, communicated to you, and adhered to throughout the process.
- We conduct weekly face-to-face owner meetings.
- From plans, specifications, contracts, to schedules, everything we do is in writing.
Complete Risk Management
- Your family, your home, our workers and employees are all covered by our
general liability, worker’s comp, builders risk and auto liability insurance policies.
- All contracts are lump-sum; you know the exact scope and cost of your project.
- We guarantee you will never have a lien on your property.
- We are full-service from concept to completion. All we need are your ideas.
- Your home will stay clean and finish cleaner that when we started.
- We hire only the finest craftsmen to work in your home.
- We are proud of our work, and stand behind it with our lifetime warranty on all workmanship and materials.
- At Blackline, we have the experience and knowledge to make your project a success.