The homeowner loved the charm and character of her home, but the original kitchen left much to be desired. Her goals were to update the kitchen finishes to coordinate better with the rest of the home, make the space feel less cramped and more open, and maximize the efficiency of the small space.
By working with an interior designer (J. Wiley Designs), we were able to keep the kitchen cohesive with the look and feel of the rest of the home. We relocated the entry of the kitchen to create a more direct route to the master suite and guest bedroom, creating a new U-shaped kitchen layout and much better flow for the home. We relocated the cooktop to the exterior wall and added a custom decorative vent hood – relocating the sink to the peninsula to create a safer work space. The countertop at the peninsula was expanded to allow for casual barstool seating, and additional work space if needed.
The Blackline Difference
- Blackline Renovations is a team of professionals dedicated to providing the finest remodeling experience to our select clientele.
- Your project will be assigned a full-time project manager and project administrator to keep everything running smoothly.
- We ensure the design, schedule, and cost are clearly defined, communicated to you, and adhered to throughout the process.
- We conduct weekly face-to-face owner meetings.
- From plans, specifications, contracts, to schedules, everything we do is in writing.
Complete Risk Management
- Your family, your home, our workers and employees are all covered by our
general liability, worker’s comp, builders risk and auto liability insurance policies.
- All contracts are lump-sum; you know the exact scope and cost of your project.
- We guarantee you will never have a lien on your property.
- We are full-service from concept to completion. All we need are your ideas.
- Your home will stay clean and finish cleaner that when we started.
- We hire only the finest craftsmen to work in your home.
- We are proud of our work, and stand behind it with our lifetime warranty on all workmanship and materials.
- At Blackline, we have the experience and knowledge to make your project a success.